Immigration . International Investment. International Education

Study in Canada

Congratulations! You have worked hard and now you received a letter of acceptance from a Canadian educational institution. Your next step is to apply for necessary permit and visa if it is required. You should first determine what type of permit, visa or other immigration documents you need in order to travel to Canada and start your studies.

The type of permit or visa you need depends on many factors including your country of citizenship, your country of residence, type and duration of your program of study in Canada, the source and amount of financial support you receive, your willingness to extend your stay in Canada, your need to work on- or off-campus etc. The story will be more complicated if you decide to bring your family members with you to Canada.

There are always applicants who decide to apply for their permits and visas by themselves. Some get the permit or visa they request. However, many of them fail and miss the great opportunity of studying and immigrating to Canada in a later stage. Just keep in mind that a refusal result might affect the result of your future applications.

Rostin Canada Immigration Services has extensive knowledge, expertise and many years of experience you need to submit a complete and successful application package. Rostin Canada is accredited by Government of Canada and is a member in good standing of ICCRC. Rostin Canada currently has a service contract with University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada) to provide immigration services to over 10,000 international students studying in this institution. We process hundreds of study permits and other immigration permits successfully each week and have the knowledge and experience that you need to get your permit as quickly as possible.

Summary of Requirements for Canadian Study Permit

  • You must have been accepted by an approved educational institution in Canada
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees and living expenses in Canada
  • You must NOT have any criminal records and must NOT be a risk to the security of Canada
  • You must be in good health
  • You must prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay

Processing time

Initial Study Permit: Between 2-19 weeks depending on the visa office processing your application.

Extension of Study Permit (inside Canada): 16 days for online applications and 32 days for paper applications

Visit the CIC website for updated information on processing times. We recommend that you apply for your study permit as soon as you receive the letter of acceptance from the educational institution if you meet all other requirements.

Governmental fees

The following governmental fees must be paid by the applicant.

Application fee: Must be paid when the application is submitted

  • Study permit application fee: $150
  • Visitor visa application fee (for each family member) : $100

Biometrics fee: $85 per person (This applies to the citizens of certain countries)

Note: Application and biometrics fees must be paid by the applicant.


Contact us to book an appointment

You can contact Rostin Canada Immigration Services by phone, email or via web contact form below:

 Vancouver     (604) 358-1245 
 Toronto         (437) 888-4353 
 Tehran     (021) 460-93250 

Web contact form

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message


Updated on: March 2, 2014. Not considered legal advice. Subject to change without notice.

[ Go To Home Page ]   [ Back To Previous Page ]

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲